The conference intends to discuss architecture’s role in the contemporary reconfiguration of belonging, and how this process has transformed the notion of residence. "What are the spatial, technical, and sociopolitical consequences of this transformation?"
Speakers will include:
Amale Andraos – Work Architecture Company, Columbia GSAPP
Negar Azimi – Bidoun
Simen Svale Skogsrud, Even Westvang – Bengler
Gro Bonesmo – Space Group, Oslo School of Architecture and Design
Grete Brochman – University of Oslo
Thomas Hylland Eriksen
Per Heggenes – IKEA Foundation
Juan Herreros – Estudio Herreros
Yasmeen Lari – Heritage Foundation of Pakistan
Reinhold Martin – Buell Center for American Architecture, Columbia GSAPP
Ippolito Pestellini Laparelli – OMA
TYIN Tegnestue Architects
Ann-Sofi Rönnskog, John Palmesino – Territorial Agency
Eyal Weizman – Center for Research Architecture, Goldsmiths
The OAT 2016 Conference, After Belonging, will be held at the Oslo Opera House on September 9, 2016 between 0900 and 1600. You can find out more and register, here.
#LYSNING PÅ RUTEN: Et landemerke i endring
En stor bypark for veksten som kommer, arbeidsplasser, og et sentralt møtested for alle er ambisjonene til Sandnes kommune, Sandnes Tomteselskap og arkitektfirmaene SPACEGROUP og Superunion i sitt planforslag for Ruten ”Lysning”.
11. til 13. april flytter SPACEGROUP Superunion Architects inn på Coffeberry i Sandnes for å få innspill og ideer i utarbeidelsen av det nye planforslaget for Ruten.
Temaene vi ønsker å få innspill fra befolkningen på er bla.:
- Hvilke aktiviteter og arrangementer ønsker du på Ruten? - Hvordan skaper vi en trivelig og inkluderende ”bystue” sammen? - Hvilke tilbud og aktiviteter er viktige for at Ruten skal fungere optimalt som kollektivknutepunkt og bidra til å løse hverdagslogistikken?
Vi ønsker oss alt fra tegninger, skriftlige forslag til gode samtaler om Lysning på Ruten. Tegningsunderlag og modell av planforslaget slik det foreligger vil bli stilt ut på Coffeeberry.
Aker Brygge won Cityprisen 2016!
The project was nominated with Verftsgata 2 (Trondheim) and Sørenga (Bjørvika, Oslo)
Let's start the new Prostneset in Tromsø!
#1 of 25 Hotels in Trondheim
SpaceGroup model of Verkstedhallen will be exhibited at the Rådhusplassen for a month, for the Oslo Bys Arkitekturpris.
The opening of the exhibition will be the September 22 at 16.00, feel free to join us !
• The 25 candidates will be exhibited
• The three finalists for this year's award are revealed
• Liberal Espen Ophaug, deputy head of the Urban Development Committee, will open the exhibition with a short speech
• Admission is free and the exhibition is designed by Line Solgaard Architects
On the 23th and 24th of September leading urban experts and stakeholders from all over the world will be present at Oslo Urban Arena to share and debate their knowledge and ideas for how to develop our cities in the future.
SPACEGROUP is curating a break out session that will target Transit Oriented Development. Our program explores ongoing projects and practices for how to plan, finance, and build desirable 24/7 pulse neighborhoods around transport hubs.
Date: 24th September
Location: Folketeateret Kroghs Sal 2nd floor, Oslo
Sign up: http://oslourbanarena.com/sign-upinformation/
Follow the event: http://oslourbanarena.com/program/
Following speakers are confirmed:
- Robert Westerdahl, Business Development Director MTR Nordic
- Gro Bonesmo, Professor and partner at SPACEGROUP
- Urban Hammarlund, Regional Director Jernhusen
- Henrik Skovby, Partner and Executive Chairman, Dalberg Group
- Hanne Bertnes Norli, VP Strategy and Development Ruter
- Karen O’Brien, researcher, Professor at the Department of Sociology and Human Geography at UiO
About Oslo Urban Arena: The first Oslo Urban Arena was held in downtown Oslo in June 2014 and this September it will grow into a 1000 people event. In addition to an extended conference with world class speakers, public debates, and a large exhibition area, the Arena is all about connecting people across all fields of urban interest. The organization behind the event strongly believes that the city of tomorrow contains the solution to problems of today.
Thursday 10th of September Gary was part of a debate with John Bjerknes (Nordic) and Arne Myklestad (Dark) about the following question:
"Hvorfor vil ikke norske arkitekter erobre verden" // "Why Norwegian architects will not conquer the world?"
It took place at Internasjonalen, Youngstorget 2 and was animated by Erling Fossen (OMA).